Thursday, February 7, 2013

JCCS Academic Language Assessment Week 22

Yes, I do think felons should be allowed to vote. I feel this way because I think in a country like this where everyone matters and is equal everyone should be able to have a say in who calls the shots. I think that at certain times people say that what someone did in the past should affect them forver and that, in some cases is not RELEVANT to what happens now. I also feel that if you do something wrong in your life, the SOURSE of it is really important and a lot of times felons work on their problems and from where it started. This results in the problems no longer consuming their lives giving them the ability to make wise decisions. Adding to this, I personally think that not giving felons the right to vote is too COMPLEX for anyone to go through and very time consuming. I think that everyone has the right to vote for someone to make our country better.

1 comment:

  1. I understand your statement that all Americans should have the right to vote, but I am still a little torn about whether or not people who break laws should be allowed to vote for laws. There are a lot of "what ifs."

    ReplyDelete